Tuesday, May 01, 2007

a summer of weddings

What's my problem? I want a rebound boy, and where better to find one than at a wedding?

Instead, I've already asked Lalo to go to Gail's wedding if I can make it there, and have contacted an ex- in Wisconsin, thinking I'll feel him out to see if I should ask him to go to Fred's wedding if I can make it there.

Um, ok, maybe I'm just asking them both because I want a ride. So, I'm not so much Saboteuse as User Girl. Just kidding - it's never using with Lalo - we always have fun together (I tried to post here to my old blog's link where Lalo and I drove to Vegas to spend the day with Gail and Shelton - yeah, because really it's because of US that they're getting married - haha). And the other guy - well, he deserves to be used. Four ex-wives wasn't a wake-up call to me, but the bad sex was. (OK, I'm going to just apologize now for all the moms who may be reading my blog - maybe I should put in a ratings system.)

I don't want to be alone at Fred's wedding. No matter who this chick is marrying him, I'll never think she's good enough for him. And there I'll be, surrounded by all HER people - because what Liberian will be going to the middle of freaking nowhere Wisconsin to Fred's wedding? And it's his wedding - I won't even get to spend quality time with him.

Clearly I'm conflicted on whether I should go. And not just because the rebound boys there aren't my type (read: white boys - Rick said I "raid the races" in my "dating" after I explained that I don't like the way white guys smell, how their skin feels, and how their hair grows).

All this instead of studying Property. My brain is full. But tomorrow is a brand-new day and I'll be fresh and ready to tackle it then.

The Property, I mean.

Well, there's still Ayanna's wedding if I go, and that would be the best place to find a rebound boy - what with it being local and everybody that I know that's involved and invited is Black. So, no date to that. Just a sexy dress - or maybe I should just wear an "I'm Available" t-shirt.

1 comment:

tiff said...

I still think your other t-shirt is better...I am heterosexual, cuz' god hates me!

this is a great post...and a rating system on your entries...well that would just crack me up...and then maybe we could vote on each entry with a 5 star rating...giggle:)

rebound guy...look out!