Wednesday, May 09, 2007

my landlady has been the best

I called her this weekend to tell her I'm moving out, and she just stopped by to say thanks for everything and check in with me. She is one of the sweetest people I know and I've been grateful for knowing her, especially after my last landlord debacle. She asked about Dayton, and when I told her we broke up, she totally got it and gave me the romantic lecture that makes sense. At our age, we aren't playing any more games and everything works out.

So we don't always get what we want - I wish this place were larger, had laundry, etc. etc. - but we get what we need. The Stones are right, as usual. I felt really safe here because of her and my neighbor man. Not just physically safe, but emotionally safe, and that means a lot.

And I got $180 for selling back textbooks that I paid about $400 for, so that ain't so bad really. I've become Amazon Guru, and Craigslist Maven - because that's less than I paid for my new chair and bicycle - so I still got $60 to burn on new-to-me furnishings.

No comments: