Monday, May 21, 2007

Tami, avert your eyes

We're gonna need those magnum-size cockroach traps.

These suckers are freakin huge. Sometimes I just stare in awe and wonder - before I grab my roach-killing sneaker and wale the hell out of it. I'm getting quicker - my reflexes are sharpened as is my eye. I walk into the kitchen now and feel myself poised like a cat ready to pounce. A tigress. A hungry tigress. First I look at the lightswitch in the dark to be sure I don't accidentally grab one with my bare hand, then I flip it on and scan the room, muscles tautened.

I only killed - and saw - one today. Landlord comes tomorrow for a chat and I'll let him know that I am not accepting these roommates and he's in charge of eviction.

Neighborwoman says she's seen 'em too now, and when she and I were discussing that the neighbor kids said them, too. Maybe it's the weather and all that, that these huge beasts are seeking refuge indoors.

They're seeking refuge with the wrong biatch if they think they're going to peaceably coexist with me. I'm not freaked out like Tami or Jenny or others who think they're gross. I think they're pretty damn cool - I just don't want them in my effing kitchen. And it's become like a video game to me, to kill the space invaders to protect the planet.

NW is vacuuming in her kitchen - wonder if she killed an invader.

Man, I have to start packing - I need to be in bed tomorrow at this time.

I just got home from Red Cross training - they're really gearing up for the hurricane season. Hopefully for naught. As much as I may be a disaster junkie, this town doesn't need more drama.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go into the bathrooms at work like a swat team might: kicking open the main door and banging on the stall doors. Yes, and checking the lightswitch in the dark is a good idea!! :>

bellygrrrl said...

Survey for TYOMEEL readers:
Cockroaches--Cool or Gross?