Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Nicaragua bound

Wow - I'm really going to Nicaragua (just bought the ticket). Twenty years ago, that's what I really, really wanted - Sandinistas, School of the Americas, all that stupid fucking political crap of the 80's. I'm so stoked.

When I was 18, I went to DC for a huge rally against all that shit. I stayed in a peace church there, and met a guy working in the soup kitchen. He was this Nicaraguan political refugee, and he'd gone through hell in prison - torture, family murdered, all that. He was an awesome kisser and although he got me drunk he wouldn't "take advantage" of me.

Maybe I think in some ridiculous latent corner of my mind that I'll meet him again, and I"m not naive at all anymore. Of course he'd probably be this 60-year-old guy now and not in the least attractive. And I don't remember his name or any details about him. I just remember really liking him for his intensity and hidden sorrow I could never touch. Not just that - I mean, he was very kind and considerate and all that. But kind and considerate, while a requirement, doesn't get me going like dark and brooding for a good reason. Ah, swoon.

Maybe he's the one who gave me my "type" - that scarred, battered, dark-skinned survivor.

And Lalo says he's game for Cuba. Woot woot! (That's a Gail-version of Woo hoo!) This is going to be one hell of a summer!

1 comment:

Gummy said...

Woo hoo indeed!!! =) Hurry up summer! ^_^