Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bullet's

What a great venue! We got to hear Kermit Ruffins who is great. He was a founding member of Rebirth Brass Band, whom I totally love. Nothing puts me in a great mood better than their Do Whatcha Wanna. Oh, and special treat tonight was when Irvin Mayfield showed up, and he and Kermit mimicked each other and played around totally - playing trumpet into the mike without a trumpet - all lips' buzz. They were so funny.

This bar was like I pictured New Orleans to be. An interesting mix of people and great, loud music. My ears are still ringing, which is one reason I didn't stay too long.

And no bullets were flying.

And soon I leave. If I go to bed right now and fall asleep immediately I'll get less than 6 hours of sleep.

I packed in an hour. Just under. And most of that was carrying up and down the stairs and pulling apart Mardi Gras beads to take to kids across the West Coast. I'm sure I'm forgetting a million things, since I'm going to four quite different places with different climates and activities. But hopefully somebody can take me to the store to pick up stuff I forgot, and hopefully the boudin I bought for Sabine makes it before it spoils. The thought of uncooked sausage going bad in my luggage - well, NASTY.

By the way, when I entered the house I called out, "I'm so NOT in the mood to see any of your kind tonight!" and I haven't seen a single cockroach. I've been seeing at least five a night, so this is wonderful. I have one more trip to make through the kitchen, but hopefully they continue to respect my wishes.

No comments: