Friday, May 18, 2007

my first offer

So I'm out there stoop sitting, kind of interacting with NW and the kids, and this guy comes up carrying a fifth of something. He talks to NW's dogs and tells his evacuation story and how his dog died.

Then he comes to me and is all up in my business, if I'm single, etc. OK, when you have to EXPLICITLY STATE, "I'm flirting" then either you're not doing it very well or the person isn't interested.

Did I mention he was old and had no teeth?

*This* is my standard now? This is what I get?

He was very friendly and I never felt in any way uncomfortable. But, so, welcome to the dating game.

Sigh.

1 comment:

tiff said...

I am all over OLD and no TEETH...okay maybe it is the fifth...what was in the fifth...I guess that would make a difference...giggle :)

at least your new neighborhood is colorful.