Saturday, May 12, 2007

hoop hating

So I'm in the computer lab printing out our "write-on" packets. These are the competitions to get onto journals for next year, and we've all been informed that chances of getting a job without a journal are very, very low. So I will jump through the stupid effing hoop - even though I just printed out $24 worth of copies - that's 5 cents a copy, so well over 1000 pages I now have to trudge home AND with me while I'm traveling. And the worst part is that I didn't even finish! I still have another whole journal to print out, but I'm out of money and can only add money Monday-Friday. Ergh!

So, hoop hating: 1. hating the hoop of having to be on a journal and 2. hating the hoop of having to print out for the write-on.

Here are my other hate-able hoops: Dating and dressing. I have a coffee date with a Columbian architect (for those who haven't kept up, D is history) and I have nothing to wear. So, first I have to GO SHOPPING - which I DESPISE - and then I have to GO ON A DATE - which I DESPISE EVEN MORE.

Why can't things just fall in my lap better? Sigh.

So, printing done - off to mall. Have I mentioned that today I hate this miserable existence I call my life? Maybe I should disclose, though, that the Columbian architect has a kayak and if coffee goes well we may go out kayaking next weekend AND he's happy to help me practice my Spanish. So, maybe I'll be nice to him. Even if just as a friend, we have loads of things in common and it could be good. So I should shed my foul mood.

No comments: