Monday, February 05, 2007

alone

I went to Juan's Flying Burrito tonight - a "creole taqueria" - that everybody speaks highly of. I was definitely not impressed. The burrito was huge - the size of a small Asian nation. But not worth it.

I was seated and the waitress said, "All alone?"

Yup. All alone. That's my dharma. I've been thinking more and more about it, and being alone doesn't suck. I never was bummed about being alone - it was good. No compromises to hammer out, nobody else to be concerned about, nobody I'm vulnerable to.

The waitress brought me The Gambit, a good local paper. It may be against the law to eat alone in New Orleans but apparently it's not a capital crime. Just shows - if I'm alone, I'll read more.

Things aren't good with Dayton. And maybe if I were more patient it would all be good - he's a really good man. But I'm not. And I remember being single and it's a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you'd only gotten the margarita, also! You'd be in love with Juan! -Lara