Friday, February 23, 2007

readjust my priorities

It doesn't help that K's attitude this term is below abysmal, and I'm all too happy to fall onto her bandwagon. I only know two people who got an A last term, and both of them have absolutely no life - all they do is study all the time. Seriously, all the time.

My attention span isn't that good even if I wanted it to be. I like having a life. I like all my little side activities that keep me balanced and sane. I get a little self-righteous about it, how law school doesn't consume me.

And then I read this article, about how law graduates make much less money than they expect. It has scared me.

If I only make after law school what I did as a teacher, excluding the Dayton factor which will cost me a big bundle, it would take me about 10 years to pay off all my debt, and that is being super-frugal. I will be paying off student loan debt when I'm 50 instead of saving for retirement.

So, I'm scared, but not scared enough to actually pick up a casebook right now and study. Tomorrow. When the sun comes out.

So I'm checking my hotmail and get the MSN "News" which is what we can learn about love from celebrity couples. Stupid shit, I know. Look, I'm just enjoying that my head isn't wracked with pain. Tomorrow I'm all business.

But I like this line: "After all, anyone can pick out diamonds or a dozen roses, but a guy who holds your head when you're sick, picks up your favorite ice cream from the store "just because," and has a solid track record of good behavior to boot -- he's really the one." Dayton does neither of the first (um, I never saw a flower at the refugee camp and any diamond would probably be a blood diamond), but he's completely there for me when I'm sick, picks up pineapple and greens for me "just because" and has a great track record of taking responsibility and not being slutty.

And here's our astrological prediction:
"Virgo-Leo
"Here is a good chance for a happy partnership. Magnanimous Leo will overlook Virgo's tendency to be critical, while Virgo will take pride in Leo's accomplishments, good humor, and lovable nature. Virgo will bring in that couple's sexual life large amount of emotional heat and understanding. Leo will respect Virgo's clever and alert mentality. Virgo will try to excite and satisfy the partner. Leo is also persevering person, so the chances for mutual satisfaction are really big. This is one of those relationships that depends on the type of relationship it is. The connection is usually "nice" and a long union also is possible."

Unfortunately David Duchovny and Tea Leoni's chart is much less positive. Poor saps, being married 10 years and having children together happily when they're so clearly destined for unhappiness.

No comments: