Thursday, February 15, 2007

Chernobyl in my neck


If I get the radioactive iodine, here's what they say:

"I am going to take a vacation in the United States immediately after I finish my treatment. Any special precautions needed?

The United States has recently instituted radioactive monitoring devices at some public buildings and transportation venues, which may be activated by patients recently treated with radioactive iodine. Patients planning on traveling to the US within a month of treatment should take a medical letter from their physician attesting to their diagnosis and treatment."

Great. I'll make checkpoints light up.

I told K about the side effects today and she said, "Oh, yeah, you would definitely need to wait a year before having a baby. Otherwise people'll be like, 'Oh there's [insert my name here] and Glow-worm!"

No comments: