Friday, February 16, 2007

February 5

Everybody, right now - mark it on your calendars. Mardi Gras 2008. And y'all are coming.

Because if I don't have visitors, I don't do all the fun things NOLA has to offer. Don't get me wrong - I love all my volunteering, and I think I get to the real heart of NOLA that way - but there's obvious fun, too, to be had.

Just went to Port of Call with the random Canadian, and it was totally awesome - the best burger I've ever had. Then went to Whole Foods to get her a kingcake and it was fun just to see it through her eyes.

She's been back to Cafe du Monde three times since I took her last weekend - now THAT'S the New Orleans spirit.

Tomorrow is my first real parade - I'm stoked. I'll be miserably cold but the first time is always memorable.

Somebody just ran past shouting "Mardi Gras! Mardi Gras!" The partiers are coming ! The partiers are coming!

I'm getting more excited about the possibility of a Delta spring break jaunt, and it sounds like Karen's on board. Coincidentally, it's smack-dab between Indiana (where she's moved to) and me. Karen and I in Memphis ... we have trans-continental and three country road trip experience - this is an adventure not to be missed.

No comments: