Wednesday, February 07, 2007

pay it forward

So, I'm not sure exactly how this happened, but I'm picking up a Canadian at the airport on Saturday.

Every so often I troll the Craiglist volunteer section - that's where I've found some good stuff (like the civil rights investigation that I do). And when people post questions, I sometimes reply. So, I replied to this person coming to help with Habitat and we have exchanged several emails, and now I'm picking her up at the airport.

She seems way cool, but then again so did my ex-roommate in email. But I don't have to live with her, maybe just take her to the Barkus Krewe parade.

I just sometimes find myself amusing. Odd. I pick up strangers at airports. I meet people in airports too (the whole reason I live in New Orleans was meeting Tami & Ahmed & Bekher in the Cairo airport). Apparently airports are really good places for me.

No comments: