Tuesday, February 06, 2007

John McClane

So I’m here on the 5th floor of the library, which is in the law school.

On the 1st floor – where I was earlier – a US Circuit Court of Appeals is meeting. This is a very big deal.

The power just went out. Which means the server is down, but fortunately I have a charged battery and almost two hours of worktime (though only 40 minutes until class).

I’m having a Die Hard moment. I hear loud noises, which I think is the emergency generator – but what if there are helicopters on the roof right now with masked terrorists who will whisk off the judges? What if at this moment all appellate justices in the entire country are being abducted? What if we will be held hostage and picked off one by one as demands are not met (because what governmental authority would do anything to save law student?).

Oh, power is back on now after a few minutes. But now I have a fictitious name for my appellate brief so all is good. I have a hard time using a male name, but it's better than the stupid crap I was coming up with.

No comments: