Sunday, February 11, 2007

volunteering = crack

So, I'm looking at volunteering for Jazz Fest. It is *the* social event of the season. If I volunteer at least 15 hours, I get in free on the days I volunteer - and daily cost is $45, so it's not an incidental expense.
So what's the problem? It's during FINALS! Yes, those horrendous events that interfere significantly with my positive sense of self.
So, I think it has been decided. I'm here during spring break. I'll do lots of studying and some sightseeing (think: cemetery tour, finally, and maybe a good voodoo tour) and get ready for some Jazz Fest fun!
Of course all these plans can change if somebody wants to interview me for a job or invites me to Africa for the weekend or anything such. But, I like to be a girl with a plan. Numerous plans.
Oh, and now I'm almost late for today's methadone dose, er, volunteering.


No comments: