Wednesday, February 14, 2007

not romantic

To call at 3:30 in the morning, twice (because I don't answer my phone then), and not leave a message. Yeah, Happy Valentine's Day to me. I really don't see how we're going to work things out but it seems bad of me to break up with him today.

I have this gift of two hours because class was cancelled this morning. I slept late, but now what? I don't have any of my books here, I finished my writing (it sucks, but it's done), not enough time really to go to laundromat.

My Legal Profession class - we met last Wednesday. Monday cancelled, today Wed cancelled, next Monday is Lundi Gras so no class (OK, President's day in the rest of the country, but we're fat here two days), Wednesday he cancelled because he thinks nobody will come the day after Mardi Gras. Two full weeks without class?? Three people emailed me yesterday asking where we are in the book - we have no idea. It's really disjointed. He's only here three days a week, the others he's traveling around and teaching at another school up north. And he's not good enough to be able to swing that and do it well. I tried to meet with him about something and he never listens because there are 10 million things running through his head. I hope he doesn't have a heart attack - he's young - but he's pushing himself too hard. Some people could handle it, but he can't. And our class is suffering. Whatever - it's Ethics. I'm not real concerned about that. Sure, I want to know what could land me in prison - but what are the chances that I'd do something like that anyway?

OH, I could work on internship applications this morning (now that I've squandered half an hour away on emailing).

We didn't have electricity yesterday until after noon, and of course the law school was the ONLY part of the university functioning. Not even a tornado can keep law students away. I love our dean, but sometimes he cracks me up. So I was sitting in class with NO INTERNET. The server was down and my battery was drained anyway. What the hell was I supposed to do in class without the internet to surf? Sheesh!

1 comment:

bellygrrrl said...

No internet surfing in class?! How do they expect students to thrive under those horrible conditions?!?!
:)