Thursday, February 15, 2007

the heart

The heart has been on my mind a lot of late.

My friend Tiffany, who's a bit younger than me, told me about the heart attack she had last year. Thank goodness she's ok and able to tell about it!

My thyroid problem can cause several serious problems, but the most serious is weakening my heart from causing it to overwork, so the doctor always asks me about if I have any palpitations. (No, though my resting heart rate is significantly higher than it used to be. I am going to start yoga and see if it helps.)

I just relearned CPR, which is of course all about the heart. And I know I'm jaded about having to retake it, but every time it's different - they keep researching and learning new things so we get different directions.

And now this very interesting article about stress cardiomyopathy. We really can die of a broken heart. I sometimes wonder about the emotional stress in my relationship with Dayton and if that exacerbates my health problems. Yeah, maybe I just like somebody to blame. Isn't that why there are men around?

1 comment:

tiff said...

oh boy...the heart...take care of yourself...don't stress...this coming from an internal stresser that had a huge scare last Spring!!!!

and you are not older than me...are you? maybe more mature...but not older...giggle :)