Sunday, February 04, 2007

uninstall

Sometimes, it's just that easy.

My Norton Antivirus subscription is expiring today. I'm cheap, so I looked around my university's website and found other antivirus for free (well, not really free, since I pay 40K/year for everything, including about $2,000 for technology).

Everything installed but now MS Word doesn't work. I'm already getting frustrated because I've spent three hours on this when I have a ton of work to get done but can't use my computer.

Uninstall worked like a dream. First I uninstalled the newly installed software - the Macafee and the Ad-Aware. Then I was able to uninstall the Norton (which I couldn't uninstall with the others still on), then reinstalled the new programs.

Knock on wood, everything seems to be working fine now - and the bonus is that my Word is quicker now (I think the Norton kept doing virus scans on everything - even stuff that didn't need it at all, so slowed down some applications). And, the Ad-Aware yanked off cookies and the like that I couldn't get to otherwise because I didn't know how to deep-scan. So, it's cool.

And while feeling techy, I took apart my car remote lock control and was able to fix it (it stopped working yesterday).

Hm ... what else can I fix today instead of doing job and internship applications?

The point? I don't need no stinkin man to fix things for me.

Hear me roar.

No comments: