Sunday, February 25, 2007

the best damn modern invention

is fruit canned in juice instead of heavy syrup.

Nothing hits the spot quite like a bowl of cottage cheese and fruit cocktail (usually I go for peaches, but I felt like mixing it up today).

I just want to proudly proclaim to the whole damn world that this is DAY FIVE and I have yet to succumb to urges for those unnamed dastardly substances I am abstaining from. Oh, and the "mystery" is solved - Lent is only 40 days because they don't count Sunday. However, I don't think it'd be good for me to call Sundays free days, so I'll suffer for the whole darn time.

Darn kids. I was in Whole Foods the other day and a kid told his mom he wanted Grape Nuts. So now of course I've been craving them ever since, and I had to go to the grocery store to get some. $4.19 those darn things are. And they're the kind of thing I want just a couple times - I haven't had them in a very long time. Oh well, they're whole wheat & barley - they certainly won't hurt me. Sounds like a good dinner.

OK, snack time over and now I MUST get to work with no distractions.

No comments: