Thursday, February 15, 2007

now i understand ...

why my endocrinologist is freaked that I'm refusing treatment and could go into thyroid storm:

"Mortality/Morbidity: Thyroid storm is an acute, life-threatening emergency. The adult mortality rate is extremely high (90%) if early diagnosis is not made and the patient is left untreated. With better control of thyrotoxicosis and early management of thyroid storm, adult mortality rates have declined to less than 20%. "

Well, those odds aren't so good for me.

1 comment:

bellygrrrl said...

Okay, the Bureau of Concerned Citizens for the Welfare of [Your Name Here] is officially back on the street, circling your block with pitchforks and torches.
No thyroid storming, do you hear?!
No T-Storms in NOLA! No T-Storms in NOLA! I'm a seasoned chanter, and I'm not afraid to do it over the internet.
Seriously, do keep your stress levels down.